Wednesday 17 April 2024

Herringbone Stitch (crochet)

 Hi loves,


Today, I want to introduce you to the beautiful and unique crochet Herringbone stitch, which has a knitted version as well. Let's learn and create something beautiful together!

I recalled the name of the stitch I used a few years ago when making a doll top. As I was writing about different stitches for my blog, ๐Ÿค” I thought of it. However, I couldn't quite remember how to do it, so I decided to refresh my memory on YouTube. ๐Ÿค” I clicked on the first video that appeared.

Armed with yarn and needle in hand, started practicing, but something wasn't right... This was not the way I remembered it.  YouTube here I come again...

That's when I realized there was the half double crochet herringbone stitch and the double crochet herringbone stitch. Phew!! got to say I was a bit worried I'd bitten off more than I could chew.  I was worried, I'd only be able to talk about the basic easy everyday stitches.

Here we go, for the half double crochet (hdc)  herringbone we start as we would the hdc, by yarning over, inserting the hook, and pulling up a loop. We now have 3 loops on our hook... Here is where the fun begins. Pull the last loop through the second loop only... Yarn over and pull through both loops on the hook... There you have it. The hdc herringbone stitch is completed.  For the tutorial this week I would like to thank Tiffany Hansen.



Double crochet (dc) herringbone stitch. 

To do the dc herringbone stitch, yarn over as you would when doing the dc, insert your hook and pull up a loop, you now have three loops on your hook. Pull the last loop through the second loop on the hook. Yarn over pull through two loops. Yarn over and pull through both loops on your hook and there you have it. You have just done the dc herringbone stitch.   
For this tutorial I would like to thank Hopeful Honey



Until next time, let's be friends! 


You can find me on Instagram ๐Ÿ“ท, Facebook ๐Ÿ‘, Ravelry ๐Ÿงถ, Twitter ๐Ÿฆ, YouTube ๐ŸŽฅ, and TikTok ๐ŸŽต. I also have an Etsy page you can check out ๐Ÿ›️. Please feel free to like ๐Ÿ‘, share ๐Ÿค, and comment ๐Ÿ’ฌ on my posts across all social media platforms.

 Thanks for taking the time to read this. Live, love ❤️, and laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚ until next time! - Khenzuri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Herringbone Stitch (crochet)

 Hi loves, Today, I want to introduce you to the beautiful and unique crochet Herringbone stitch, which has a knitted version as well. Let&#...