Monday 12 April 2021

Speaking It Into Reality.

 Hi loves, 


Have you ever wondered why something keeps affixed to your imagination or dreams?  I have.

I've dreamt many years ago of owning my own Beauty Salon which was operated as a classy beauty salon, with an actual start and end time. This last bit (opening hours) was very important, as at that time I was working in a hair salon that did not have an end time.  I would go to work by 9am and in comes someone after 3 pm requesting to get their hair braided small (if you have ever gotten your hair braided with extensions you know it takes time).  Once my boss accepts this client it means I could be at work until after midnight and still have to be back at work by 9 am the next morning.  That was exhausting and to say the least, I wasn't getting a lot of pay.

Fast forward a couple of years I got certified in general Cosmetology but right after completing tragedy struck and I was forced to seek employment fast as the sole breadwinner at the time died and my baby was just about to turn 2 years old.  While working at my new job I continued to do natural hairstyles (my specialty).  This was my second job, my weekend job, but a little over a year I had to change department and this caused me to lose clients as  I started working on weekends.  I stayed in that job changing departments and moving up the ranks until 2017 when I got laid off.  This is when my dream of becoming my own boss came to life, though not as a salon owner.

I've always been creative at heart, whether it's creating beautiful hairstyles, crocheting/knitting, or embroidering... So it came as no surprise when I registered the business name Khenzuri's Treasures.  I was really pumped up about sewing my seeds and getting my name out there.  But it's not that easy.  

My daughter's first day of school hairstyle

A simple twist with beads


I did my own hair as well

crochet braids


crochet then twist out

I've had good days and some not-so-good days but that doesn't stop me from believing that I will succeed.  I know I will not just own a successful business where I crochet and knit other people's designs... But I will become a designer as well... 


How are you so confident you will become a designer?

I am sure because no matter what pattern I am making my mind is racing 100 miles a sec with new ideas of what to make or how to change the current pattern I am working on. I have designed things in the past it's just not written for others to remake and that is what I am working on.

For instance, I made a dress from a scarf I test knitted.  While I was knitting the scarf, the idea came to turn it into a crop halter top.  However, after starting the new project that idea shifted and became a dress. Can I tell you how this dress stayed on my mannequin for almost a year before the final touches were added?  Take a look and tell me what you think.  Did I do well? 

My design, it was birthed from a scarf I test knitted for Petra Breakstone.

The issue I have now as to why I am not actively pursuing this part of my dream is designing takes time and I am a bit stretched at the moment but the stars are being aligned as we speak so it's just a matter of time.

And you know as long as there is life a dream can still become a reality.  Come along with me on my journey.  Until next time.


Thanks loves for taking a read.  Live, Love, Laugh... Please follow me on FB, InstagramTwitter. You can also purchase yarn to make your masterpieces here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Extended Single Crochet (ESC)

Hi Loves, Today we will learn about extended single crochet  (ESC).  This is done by making a few modifications to the way in which you do t...