Monday 22 October 2018

Options, the first edition.

Hi Friends,

Being in Jamaica and doing crochet/knitting isn't easy as I have limited options regarding the types of yarn or thread I have access to here locally.  I have been yearning to try some of the different types of yarn that I see online or in my Facebook groups.  I have visited so many of the yarn websites and for the most part, they don't ship to my homeland Jamaica.  The ones who do, shipping is way too much.  I am used to Redheart yarns (even though they don't ship here when I tried their website) as that's what my retailer sells and she still doesn't supply all their yarns.

It was while watching one of Creative Grandma's (Glenda Winkleman) yarn reviews that I learnt about Ice Yarns.  I visited their website (www.iceyarns.com) and even though it's not free shipping and you have to buy in bulk it is somewhat affordable and ships right to my door.  I made my first order to try it out.

My order came in about 4 weeks (you do have the option of express shipping).  It was exactly what I ordered even though, honestly, I didn't know what I ordered.

Baby fine (looks familiar, just thinner than I'm used to)

But! What was kid mohair anyways?

This is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

These are fine and they weren't crochet thread, get out of here.

Ok, you have new yarn, soft yarn, what are you going to make, πŸ€” idk!  Then the opportunity came πŸ˜€πŸ˜... The founder of my favourite Facebook group was looking for test knitters for her pencil skirt and I volunteered.

The baby fine is really easy to work with, it knits well and the finish is great as well.

Now, just look at this beauty. πŸ‘ŒπŸ’“❤

Now, there was the "kid mohair", what am I going to make with this thin fuzzy yarnπŸ€”πŸ€”. I have no clue.....

Two months pass and still had no clue what to make... I tried a suggestion "use it with a thicker yarn together"

I came up with this pretty little flower, that was turned into a clip btw.

A few weeks pass and Petra Breakstone posted in her FB group "Yarnz2go Groupies" for an "All Petra Design KAL (knit along) / CAL (crochet along).  I thought this couldn't hurt, secondly, I'll be rewarded with patterns (now who doesn't love free patterns).  Which yarns will I use? And it hits me, why not use two skeins of the kid mohair, together πŸ€”πŸ€”.  So I did.....

Now, doesn't this look nice?

Even better.

To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Herringbone Stitch (crochet)

 Hi loves, Today, I want to introduce you to the beautiful and unique crochet Herringbone stitch, which has a knitted version as well. Let&#...