Friday 8 June 2018

Man Up....

The sequel,

After finishing doll #1, I really wanted to top that one as no way are they going to look the same.  I completed the body and then started thinking about what the "look" should be.

Ok Melissa, doll one had a jump suit on, he had a regular hat, what are you gonna do to make these different?  I started looking around for inspiration, new patterns etc.  I made another jump suit but this time I lengthen the pants.  I had this baby knitted hat pattern and decided to make it in two tones, so yellow and green it was (Can you all believe I just started knitting and has never knitted with two interchangeable colours before?, Girl's developing mad skills).

OMG, it turn out lovely, if I should say so myself.... And guess what?  I said so... 😆


What do you all think? 

Doll #3.... 

Doll #2 was looking good, but I want to do something different again........ I didn't want to do another jump suit.... I decided to crochet a pants but give more dimension to it.  I incorporated a few techniques and came up with a nice textured look.  I then paired it with a variegated coloured vest.  I initially added a black inside piece but some how it was just not the look I was going for. I left the clothing and moved on to the hat... So doll 1 a basic crochet hat, doll 2 a knitted hat.... What should I do for doll 3...... think, think, think, Melissa think....... While thinking I started browsing and came across this popcorn stitch baby hat.... this is it... I crocheted the smallest size and it fitted him perfectly...  

You would have thought I would have been satisfied right, well nope.... He was still missing that oomph...that pizzazz....  So while showing my work to a friend he gave me the missing piece... He said "all he needs now is a gold chain to top the look off".... I was like grinning from ear to ear as "thank you Keane" this was the missing link I needed.   I didn't find a gold chain but silver works just great..


Star Yute....


Are you all ready to see them? Of course you are, here we go........  










Trying to be gansta....




2 comments:

  1. These are cool my lady. Really cool. You are on to something. Keep on pushing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I sure will. The sky and beyond.

      Delete

Extended Single Crochet (ESC)

Hi Loves, Today we will learn about extended single crochet  (ESC).  This is done by making a few modifications to the way in which you do t...