Tuesday 16 January 2018

Finding your niche


Hi  Loves 

I have been trying to find my niche to make my newly started business viable, and I came across a quote that resonated with me. It advised me to find my customers - those who appreciate my offerings and are willing to pay for them. While family and friends are supportive, they cannot sustain a business. So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and actively pursued my dream.

My first step was seeking help, and I visited the Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC) with a variety of offerings. Next, I got registered and started working on the project we decided to start with. This got me quite excited as it allowed my creative juices to start flowing, and I made over a dozen dolls in no time. I then got labels, tags, and packaging done.





I was thrilled to have my dolls showcased at a well-established store at the airport (the Norman Manley International). While waiting for the dolls to be sale-tested, I designed keychains that I sold successfully. However, I felt that something was missing. 




After almost six months of being in business, I was still not blooming. Back to the drawing board, I remembered JBDC and attended one of their seminars. It was there that I realized my major issue with growth was marketing. 

Damn...


https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/d8/0d/aad80d0e9b55bdd10710028d26bc7e50.jpg

#findingyourniche #handmade #crochet #knitting #smallbusiness #blogger









No comments:

Post a Comment

Extended Single Crochet (ESC)

Hi Loves, Today we will learn about extended single crochet  (ESC).  This is done by making a few modifications to the way in which you do t...