Sunday 11 September 2022

Ripples and Waves

 Hi Loves, 


I was allowed to design something using Ice Yarns Softly Baby.  I had no clue what type of yarn it was, how it felt, was it easy or hard to work with.  Nothing, I knew absolutely nothing about this yarn, so when my package arrived and I ripped it open, I was in utter awe.  The yarn felt so soft. My girls even agreed.

They started placing orders as to what they both wanted me to make from the yarn.  I had to remind them of the task at hand, lol.

I decided to design a baby blanket, one that a beginner could do as well.  I first went to stitchfiddle.com to ensure what was in my head looked good on paper.    With that aspect completed and looking as I thought it would.  I wrote the steps down (as it did not transfer to the written pattern automatically with the basic option) and then I gather my supplies.

Needle.... ✔

Yarn.....✔

Pattern....✔

Though simplistic it may seem, if I didn't have the above tool to show what the finished product would look like.  Man, I would have had a foggy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 farm before the item even get midway.  

I worked on my blanket, took pictures, and upload my design to Ice yarn.  What's next? 🀷‍♀️ ....................... I don't know.

So I folded my blanket, and store it away.  Fast ward a few months I heard friends of mine were having their first child... I decided to gift the blanket along with a hat as my baby gift.  

Was wondering if they didn't want the gift as they were taking a mighty long time to retrieve it... But was overjoyed when the dad finally picked it up, and the mom messages me squealing about how she loved them.  I was beaming with pride😁😁😁😁

These are moments to live for as a creator/designer ( in the making) 🀭🀭🀭🀭..giggles!!!

You can make your very own Slanted ridges.  Go ahead try it and give me your feedback. 







Thanks love for taking a read.  Live, Love, Laugh... Please follow me on FB, Instagram, and Twitter.









1 comment:

  1. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete

Extended Single Crochet (ESC)

Hi Loves, Today we will learn about extended single crochet  (ESC).  This is done by making a few modifications to the way in which you do t...