Wednesday 26 September 2018

A rose like no other.

Hi loves,

I would like to tell you how I turn a rose into a clutch purse.  I was asked by my cousin to make her a rose to put in her hair.

She selected the yarn, I told her "that's going to be big as the yarn is too thick".  She insisted.


The rose was made by following the above video.

The rose was lovely but as predicted, " it's too big".


We both pondered what we could use it for.  Think, think, think (doing the Winnie the Pooh).  Then eureka..... Why not make a cross bag.

I started to make it after a few rows, the thought came, this would look really good as a clutch, but it's not my choice to make is it🤔. No, it isn't.


Showed her where I was and told her what I thought and she liked the idea and then the magic began.

.

Jamaican Bandana material

How I made the bag.

1.  Chain (ch) 41, half double crochet (hdc) in the 2nd ch from hook and in every stitch across.  40 stitches (st/s)

2. Ch 1, turn, hdc in each st across.

3.  Repeat row 2 until the desired length is required. (Ps ensure you crochet enough rows to fold into the actual purse and the flap to close it)

4.  Once the desired length is reached, hdc in the next 19 sts, ch 3, skip the next 2 sts, hdc in the next 19 (buttonhole created). fasten off. Cut a piece of material and lined the bag.  You can do so by sewing with a machine, hands, or fabric glue.  I actually hand sew mine.

5.  Fold your work to make the purse and the closing flap (this should be around half the size of the purse.

6.  Use any sewing method to close both sides.

7.  Attach button

8. Sew the flower above the buttonhole(the button will be hidden by the flower).

After completing the purse, we decided to add straps to be able to wear it as a cross-body as well as a purse/clutch.  The straps were positioned inside the bag so that it was easily hidden if they were not needed.

And just like that, I transform a simple rose into a clutch purse.






2 comments:

  1. Me love it bad bad !!
    Exceptional work yet again love ! PS. I'm starting to read the step by step manufacturing guide like I know what "Ch 1, turn, hdc in each st across" really means lol.. But that just goes to show how infectious your craft is in the most inspirational of ways !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback, this means a lot to me.

      Delete

The Knitted Popcorn

  Hi Loves.  "Wow, time flies! It's already the third month of the new year and this is only my second post. I didn't mean to s...